The dinosaur is controlled with the arrow keys or the WASD keys. The object of the game is escape the pyroclastic Wall of Doom and to make it to a dino sanctuary alive. Along the way, the player can choose to devour Eggs and collect Bones to advance their dinosaur's evolution. There are four levels of difficulty: Easy, Medium, Hard and Insane.
The Player can earn trophies by reaching a certain milestone or a goal. Trophies are mostly accompanied by Bones and DNA which can be used to evolve your Dino. Most trophies have a Bronze, Silver and Gold version.
- Eggs: These can be collected by your dino. You receive 1 DNA per 8 Eggs saved.
- Dactyl Eggs: These Eggs are dropped by Pterodactyls and are worth 10 normal Eggs.
- Super Eggs: These large Eggs are worth a lot and are mostly hidden.
- DNA: These are needed to upgrade your Dino
- Bones: This is a type of currency in Dino Run. It can be earned by eating critters or reaching milestones.
- Boost Flowers: If the player grabs one, then they will receive a speed, jump or strength boost for a short period of time./
A lot of creatures appear in Dino Run and they are not all dinosaurs.
Game modes EditThere are four Game Modes: Speedrun, Planet D , Challenge and Multiplayer.